The following services are provided to our residents by the Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District #28.
- Water Operator: Hays South Utility Corporation
- Waste Collection: Republic Waste Services
- Appraisal District: Harris County Appraisal District
These services are discretionary in that they can be justified but are not mandated by MUD charter.
Example of discretionary services provided:
- Garbage collection to all residential customers – This expense is a Charter Obligation of the HOA, but assumed by the MUD to make the District homes more valuable by lowering HOA dues.
- Regular garbage collection is on Monday and Thursdays. Heavy Trash collection is the second Friday of each month. Please click here for more information on waste acceptance protocol.
- Additional police protection to the District – Again this is a HOA Charter Obligation, but assumed by the MUD to make the District homes more valuable by lowering HOA dues.
- Up to 250,000 gallons per month of water and sewerage provided to the HOA – Again this is meant to reduce HOA dues and increase land values
- Placement of flags at every home site on government holidays. This is meant to establish community recognition , community pride in ownership, increased land value, and value added in taxation and fee assessments.